Nominations open for Reading Cultural Awards 2020
The public and arts organisations are invited to nominate their favourites
Nominations are now open for the 2020 Reading Cultural Awards. Following a hugely successful third year in 2019, Reading UK is delighted to announce that nominations are now open for the 2020 Awards. The Reading Cultural Awards celebrate the best of Reading’s arts, culture and heritage as nominated by members of the public and the arts community. There are 13 categories including favourite Reading performance, best venue, organisation of the year, and new for 2020, Best School.
The 2020 Awards were launched on 25 February at the Roseate Hotel in the presence of past winners, sponsors and VIPs. The deadline for nominations is 14 April 2020. Winners of the 2020 Reading Cultural Awards will be announced at a glitzy awards evening on 22 June at the Hilton Reading.
Nigel Horton-Baker, Executive Director, Reading UK, said: “The Reading Cultural Awards recognise individual and collective excellence in the arts, culture and heritage in Reading and demonstrate the important role the arts play in making Reading such a vibrant place in which to live, work and do business. Help us celebrate what a cultural place Reading is by nominating your favourites.”
The Reading Cultural Awards 2020 are organised by Reading UK and sponsored by Reading BID with the generous support of Berkeley Homes, Cream Design, Barton Willmore, The Purple Turtle, Hilton Reading, The Oracle, BBC Radio Berkshire, Reading Chronicle, Reading Buses, Hardings Print Solutions, Crumbs Food Company and WhatsOnReading.com.
The 2020 categories:
- Made in Reading Award sponsored by Cream Design
- Reading Great Place Award sponsored by Reading UK
- Performance of the Year sponsored by WhatsOnReading.com
- Visual Arts Event of the Year sponsored by The Purple Turtle
- Cultural Space of the Year sponsored by Barton Willmore
- Celebrating Reading’s Heritage sponsored by Hilton Reading
- Partnership in the Arts sponsored by Reading Buses
- Best Education Project sponsored by The Oracle
- Festival of the Year sponsored by Hardings Print Solutions
- Newcomer of the Year in association with BBC Radio Berkshire
- Cultural Organisation of the Year sponsored by Berkeley Homes
- Business Champion of the Arts sponsored by Reading Chronicle
- School of the Year sponsored by Crumbs Food Company
To nominate, go online at www.readingculturalawards.org.
Nominations opened on Tuesday 25 February and are open until 14 April. Anyone can nominate an artist, organisation, arts venue or event. All nominated activity must have taken place between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020. A shortlist will be announced in May, with the Awards being presented on 22 June.
Winners of the Reading Cultural Awards in 2019 included Caversham Arts Trail, Reside Dance, Brookfields School, South Street Arts Centre and the Readipop Festival.