Nature Connection Walk around View Island
In Reading Town Centre
Find natural calm on this themed 'walk of wonder' to View Island in Reading.
Using natural mindfulness to reconnect you to the awe of nature, we will cross the River Thames and take our time exploring this four-acre nature reserve and wildlife haven.
This will be a slow, sometimes silent, walk so you can relax and take in your surroundings. There is still much to see and enjoy in nature during late winter.
The walk will take around an hour and will end with an optional hot drink, at the nearby Thames Lido where we can share our experiences.
What you will get from this walk
- Fresh air and spending time with like-minded people
- Some ‘me time’ to recharge your energy, ground you and leave you feeling refreshed
- A deeper appreciation of the beauty and colours of nature and every season
- Time in one of Reading's little-known green spaces
What you need to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes (it is a little muddy in places) and a spare warm layer
- An umbrella (just in case)
- Your mobile phone (if you want to take photographs)
- An open mind
- Some drinking water