Harris Garden Nature Connection Walk
At the University of Reading
Find natural calm on this themed walk of wonder around the tranquil Harris Garden.
Using natural mindfulness to reconnect you to the awe of nature, we will stroll through peaceful woods and around this quiet, botanical garden on the University of Reading campus.
This will be a slow, sometimes silent, walk so you can relax and take in your surroundings. Enjoy being in nature and taking in the beauty of Spring.
The walk will take around an hour and a half and will end with an optional hot drink, at the nearby The Three Tuns pub, where we can share our experiences.
What you will get from this walk
- Fresh air and spending time with like-minded people
- Some ‘me time’ to recharge your energy, ground you and leave you feeling refreshed
- A deeper appreciation of the beauty and colours of nature and every season
- Time in one of Reading's little-known green spaces
What you need to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes (it may be a little muddy in places) and a spare warm layer
- An umbrella (just in case)
- Your mobile phone (if you want to take photographs)
- An open mind
- Some drinking water
This event has already taken place.
Book in advance £8 per person
- University of Reading Earley Gate entrance, Whiteknights Rd, Earley, Reading RG6 6BZ
- Nearest free car parking is at Sol Joel Park, off Church Road, Earley (5 minutes walk away)
- Bus stops (bus 19a) outside the Earley Gate entrance, or you can walk up from The Three Tuns’ bus stop (buses 17, 4, X4) which is only a couple of minutes away