Dressmaking for All
Develop your creativity alongside likeminded people
10 Jan 2022-21 Mar 2022
This course is suitable for those with little sewing experience so, bring along your sewing project and get ready to develop your skills and expertise to make a variety of garments. No previous knowledge of dressmaking is required, and you will be practicing your skills in a relaxing environment.
Our well equipped sewing room, as well as the experience and guidance of our course Tutor, will help you complete your projects, whilst working on building your confidence and skills with patterns and equipment. During this ten-week afternoon course you will learn to:
- hand sewing stitches and sewing machine skills;
- take measurements, so that you can select appropriate patterns for your chosen garment;
- work from a sewing pattern;
- modify and fit a sewing pattern;
- professionally finish a garment;
- work on a variety of garments and styles, depending on your chosen patterns.
In order to minimise handling of equipment, you may wish to bring your own basic equipment, like scissors, hand sewing needles, unpicker.