Create and Make a Bag/Handbag
Develop your creativity alongside likeminded people
25 Apr 2022-27 Jun 2022
Bring along your sewing project and get ready to develop your skills and expertise to create your very own bag or handbag. No previous knowledge is required, and you will be practicing your skills in a relaxed environment.
Our well-equipped sewing room, as well as the experience and guidance of our course Tutor, will help you complete your projects, whilst working on building your confidence and skills with patterns and equipment. During this eight-week course you will learn to:
- hand sewing stitches and sewing machine skills;
- take measurements, so that you can select appropriate patterns for your chosen garment;
- work from a sewing pattern;
- modify and fit a sewing pattern;
- professionally finish your bag;
- work on a variety of garments and styles, depending on your chosen patterns.
In order to minimise handling of equipment, you may wish to bring your own basic equipment, like scissors, hand sewing needles, unpicker.