Reading Arts Membership
Join Reading Arts Membership and get invites to exclusive events, priority booking and discounted tickets. Looking for South Street Membership ?More info
The Hexagon is a multi-purpose entertainment venue in the heart of Reading, hosting an eclectic mix of entertainers from big name Comedians, Spectacular Musicals, Children's Shows, Classical Concerts, Opera, Pantomime, Theatre, Dance and everything in between.
Built in 1977 by Robert Matthew Johnson Marshall (RMJM) in the Brutalist style of modernist architecture, the venue's capacity varies from 1,200 to 1,686 depending on the programme.
Please click here for Important Information regarding the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
About the role
We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual to be part of the box office and marketing team supporting the Reading Arts and Venues busy events programme, across the three main venues of The Hexagon, South Street and the Concert Hall.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager duties will include being responsible for the group and corporate ticket bookings for events at The Hexagon, South Street, the Concert Hall plus other events throughout Reading. Based at The Hexagon you’ll be the first point of contact for all group bookings, promoting events to corporate bookers and schools. You will also use
social media and online tools to regularly advertise events to businesses. You will also be responsible for maintaining membership schemes associated with the venues.
This opportunity would suit someone with excellent communication, organisational and sales skills, with a background in sales and marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
• To have primary responsibility for the Group and Corporate bookings on behalf of Reading Arts.
• To be a proactive member of the Marketing Department, promoting the events programme to groups, schools and corporate bookers.
• To be an integral part of the venues management team, providing information, support and ticketing expertise to both internal departments and external contacts including; promoters, agents, other managers and staff.
• To manage the reputation of the service, venues and RBC by providing excellent customer service, resolving any issues / responding to comments in an efficient and professional way. this role is permanent, Full Time 37 hours a week.
• Excellent IT skills and a high level of experience of ticketing systems, content management systems, and design packages such as Photoshop.
• Previous experience of supervising a busy Box Office or related department.
• Ability to work in a busy and high pressured environment, with the ability to be flexible and willing to adapt as a member of the team carrying out a variety of functions across the service.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and produce work accurately in a busy and pressured environment.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all departments and external partners, with the ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with colleagues, customers and industry contacts.
• Experience of working in the arts or entertainment industry.
• Commercial acumen and results driven while being used to working to deadlines, in a sales environment.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
For more information about these roles or for an informal discussion please contact: Steff Cohen on 0118 9372011